KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Thinking about rewiring this View next topic
View previous topic
sirmyghin
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:31 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Here it is, for all those wondering my old 'emperador'

The pickups appear to be an older style EMG but I cannot seem to find information on them. One of them hums badly still need to do a little trouble shooting on the inside see if I cannot root out the problem. Any suggestions as to what pickups to go to (willing to make a new pickguard and rewire entirely) and want opinions about whether active / passive would suit what I like to play. Usually I play progressive music and with really jamming basslines lots of mixed high and low and I find currently they can get a bit slurred if very fast.

Last edited by sirmyghin on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
SirFreakOfTheInk
Country Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:56 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like she's an oldie. Never saw that brand name before. Have any info to share on how old it is, etc.?
ElfDude
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:10 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm more curious about who's wearing the sleepers...

Kiesel Aries, Carvin CS6M, SH445, SH225, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, LB76F, Vintage 16, Nomad
sirmyghin
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:13 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

*added rewiring spiel looking for help*

its from 75, it was made in japan, I beleive my father acquired it from sears, in those pictures it was a little dusty (noticed afterwards). Despite these things the only problem with it is the buzzing from on pickup that i cannot open. The tone is pretty good, I can dial it in pretty nice with the 8 band on my BXR100. It has good action. That is all I really know about it. Might be interested in new pickups if this persists, they are old 3 wires, any suggestions?

The bridge not seen due to a cover is 4 studs and 2 bars \\---\\//---// sort of like that, you can adjust studs to alter bar heights. The reason it has a cover is I cut myself on it bad once. just a quick swipe past the studs.

The sleeperes are megans she is sitting on the couch to the left while I take pictures of my bass. its about 8-9 at night

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic