KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Maybe an amp this summer View next topic
View previous topic
sirmyghin
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:17 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Although I have my heart set on a new guitar, if all goes well maybe I can squeeze a new amp this summer. Was looking at some in a store today, trace elliots. and was rather caught by the 1210. (a 2 10 (or 12 not sure) 12 band eq bass amp, 500W)

The counterpoint is I could buy a b1200 with a 4x10 from carvin for the same price.

I would need to drag in my bass and play the 1210 to hell to get a feel for it, but I can't exactly do that with a carvin, unless I want to return it within 10 days and front return shipping (OUCH, and does that even apply to amps?)

the amp will be mostly for our studio but also some playing out hopefully by then.

Convince me?
michaelwr
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:27 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Carvin bass amps sound pretty good, I hope there will be one on ebay in my price range when I can afford it. Plus you get the added bonus of WOW, I didn't know Carvin amps sounded that good from airhead's who think only Marshall is God. Sorry for the rant. Tongue Spin

I would go with the Carvin, they sound great, and quality construction that is made to last.

or just part of the dance
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
sirmyghin
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:55 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

michaelwr wrote:
Carvin bass amps sound pretty good, I hope there will be one on ebay in my price range when I can afford it. Plus you get the added bonus of WOW, I didn't know Carvin amps sounded that good from airhead's who think only Marshall is God. Sorry for the rant. Tongue Spin

I would go with the Carvin, they sound great, and quality construction that is made to last.

Thanks Michael, unfortunately I am looking for something a little more in depth than sounds good though. Have you actually played one, how does it compare to say a Trace, Fender, or an ampeg (I've heard you can get comparable sound to an ampeg, albeit ampeg sound is not really my thing). My fender amp is about 12 years old , in prinstine condition still, Just want something with some more headroom.
michaelwr
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay better adjective SOUNDS GREAT, my left brain kicking in. I haven't actually used one, but i've heard the P-100 before and it sounds great, everybody at the Bash was surprised, but of course some of them never played through a bass amp before.

You should ask Peb, he can give you more feedback.

or just part of the dance
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic