KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Nightrain? View next topic
View previous topic
BluesPicker
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:49 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyway see or hear from him? I haven't seen him on here in, gosh, over a year. Met him at T-Bones last Texas Bash in late 2010. He used to be pretty active here. Hope he's okay -- miss seeing hime around.

Paul
emux2
Cryogenically preserved for your protection!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:35 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I think he hangs out over at the BC Rich forms. He hasn't been on here in quite a while.
ROCKCRUE1
Member of the Family

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:58 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

He hangs out at the Dean forums I know of...
He did swear of Carvin totally though. I wont get into details out of respect for him, but I will say I have talked to him over at the Dean forums and think very highly of the guy. Hes top notch.

Howlin' Woof

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:45 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

He got all bent out of shape because Carvin wouldn't bend over and cater to his every whim. He took it all very personally, got pissy about it and left in a huff.

Same as a few others for the exact same reason. They felt Carvin "owed" them something and should do whatever special request they asked just because they asked.

Oh well. Everyone is better off. Carvin and those customers who found what they were looking for elsewhere.

Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:27 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

That's too bad. I met the guy two years ago and liked him. I can't say I playd much guitar with him, because the Texas Bash was pretty much a blues jam and Nightrain was more into a shredder thing, as I recall. But I did hear him play and the guy plays well.

Of course I met quite a few of the Texas area Carvin forum mebers at the last Texas/Carvin Bash two years ago, but I truly enjoyed just chatting with NT. I do know he seemed to have an ongoing battle of some sort with Carvin when he was here. I went a couple of years between owning, selling and then not having anything with a Carvin logo on it. In fact, my rig at the Bash was a Fender Strat and Deluxe Reverb amp. In my case it wasn't because I had a gripe about Carvin or their gear -- I just sold some stuff and played a bunch of stuff by the "other" guys. But I still enjoyed hanging out here and stayed on. Too bad he can't or won't do that, but I guess if someone has an axe to grind about something, it's best they grind it somewhere else.

Well, if anyone runs into him on the other sites, tell him "BluesPicker" says howdy.

Paul
raistlin
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:45 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

NT's a hardcore metal guy and wanted a radical body shape with sharp points, etc. Carvin doesn't have guitars with those kinds of bodies so he went to another company.

I still have the M22 I bought from him. It's too bad he doesn't hang out here anymore.
BluesPicker
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:50 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to one of the guys here, I tracked him down over on Mixposure.com this weekend. Seems to be doing well and it was genuinely great to chat with him. I liked him when I met him, even though our musical tastes and playing styles couldn't be any more different. About as metal as I get are a couple of old Nugent tunes, but I appreciate and respect all types of music and the folks who make it. I doubt you'll see him back here, but that's a personal choice. I can't speak for him. But I'll keep in touch with him over on the Mix.

Paul
ROCKCRUE1
Member of the Family

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:56 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I do miss him around the Carvin forums... he is a great guy. He would give the shirt off his back for a friend.

Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:59 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

ROCKCRUE1 wrote:
I do miss him around the Carvin forums... he is a great guy. He would give the shirt off his back for a friend.

You mean THIS guy?

Yep. That last Texas Bash was a good 'un.

Paul
Kevio
Super Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:11 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

mge80 wrote:
He got all bent out of shape because Carvin wouldn't bend over and cater to his every whim. He took it all very personally, got pissy about it and left in a huff.

Same as a few others for the exact same reason. They felt Carvin "owed" them something and should do whatever special request they asked just because they asked.

Oh well. Everyone is better off. Carvin and those customers who found what they were looking for elsewhere.

In a nutshell, that's it exactly.

Crunchtime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:38 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I could be wrong but as I recall NT was told when ordering his request would be met. Then at a later date he was told it would not be possible. I believe it had something to do with his fret preference.

Amp repairs and homebrew builds

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:18 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

water under the bridge...
BluesPicker
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:03 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Delta362 wrote:
water under the bridge...

Yes, exactly. Not the reason why I asked about him (and I guess I was unaware of the extent of his discontent). At this point, almost two years later, it doesn't matter who was right or whether someone feels they were wronged. It's done. Over.

I was not trying to reopen old wounds by asking about Nightain. I may agree with someone's point or issue, or disagree. It doesn't mean I can't still genuinely like someone.

Paul

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic