KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Looking for a bass View next topic
View previous topic
michaelwr
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:31 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I was playing around with our PB on bass (backwards) and I guess my drummer now wants me to play bass for the the other service he's apart of. I think it will be fun, so I'm going to join in! They have a bass that I can play with for now, but eventually I want a lefty bass. Does anyone have any suggestions in the $350 range?

I've been looking at this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/squier-left-handed-1970s-vintage-modified-jazz-bass/620728000010000

or just part of the dance
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
hankwillow
Gone to the dogs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:28 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I have one of these. Great neck and decent pickups.

http://www.traditionguitars.com/bass/b100_n.html
($325 web price, $375 lefty) May find 'em cheaper locally.

Rick
peb
The PuppetMaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:06 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a VM Jazz like the one you're looking at that I use in our PB every Sunday. I really like how you can shape the sound through adjusting the pup volumes different ways - everything from snappy to boomy with a lot in between.

The only issues I've had with are the same I've had with pretty much every MIC guitar I've bought, lower quality electronics, tuners, poorly seated frets. But, I've been wailing on her for about 5 years and she's never let me down - and you know how gently I play Wink

peb

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:22 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

peb wrote:

I have a VM Jazz like the one you're looking at that I use in our PB every Sunday. I really like how you can shape the sound through adjusting the pup volumes different ways - everything from snappy to boomy with a lot in between.

The only issues I've had with are the same I've had with pretty much every MIC guitar I've bought, lower quality electronics, tuners, poorly seated frets. But, I've been wailing on her for about 5 years and she's never let me down - and you know how gently I play Wink

peb

I thought yours was a VM Jazz, glad you confirmed it. That JAZZ is probably the one I'll eventually get! Mr. Green

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Bundy
Alive again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:46 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

My pastor owns/operates a jewelry business and has a few musical instruments in his shop. There's a black single-pickup lefty Dean bass in there that I'm sure you could get for much less than $350. He got it in on a sort of pawn deal and it sits there unused; it's in great shape too. It needs a G string (don't we all?! Razz Mr. Green ) and he's not gonna spend money on it.

I'll mend myself before it gets me...
michaelwr
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:31 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Bundy wrote:
My pastor owns/operates a jewelry business and has a few musical instruments in his shop. There's a black single-pickup lefty Dean bass in there that I'm sure you could get for much less than $350. He got it in on a sort of pawn deal and it sits there unused; it's in great shape too. It needs a G string (don't we all?! Razz Mr. Green ) and he's not gonna spend money on it.

Could you ask him how much he would let it go? I second thought the Jazz Bass, and thought about going for the SX URSA.

Bundy
Alive again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:07 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

michaelwr wrote:
Bundy wrote:

Could you ask him how much he would let it go? I second thought the Jazz Bass, and thought about going for the SX URSA.

Sure will. I'll find out more about the bass itself and do some research on what it's actually worth (I'll get pics as well). I'm thinking in the neighborhood of a hundred or so. No sense in spending a mint on an insttrument you might not stick with.

You can always get a Carvin Icon or SB later on... Wink

I'll mend myself before it gets me...
michaelwr
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Bundy wrote:
michaelwr wrote:
Bundy wrote:

Sure will. I'll find out more about the bass itself and do some research on what it's actually worth (I'll get pics as well). I'm thinking in the neighborhood of a hundred or so. No sense in spending a mint on an insttrument you might not stick with.

You can always get a Carvin Icon or SB later on... Wink

Thanks, and a Carvin Icon or SB...probably after college

This is also on my list: http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/BX1500-10.8N

But, I'll get that when I can afford $7.25 to pay a roadie to carry it around! Tongue Spin Laugh Hard

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic