KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Are the Texas Bashes Over? View next topic
View previous topic
inflt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:23 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Couldn't get one going in Denver. Moved to Texas, and I thought, boy, I will get a chance to go to one now! No action on this forum in quite a while. I am in Round Rock. Anyone want to get together? (Warning, relative beginner here!).
BluesPicker
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:53 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

The last one was in November 2009. "T-Bone BBQ" organized and hosted an annual Texas Bash for several years, but the 2009 Bash was the last. As I recall we had Carvin players and fans from Oklahoma, Louisiana and all over Texas -- including San Antonio -- at the last Bash.

I've since moved from Texas to New England, so it would be a stretch for me to attend another one. However, all it would take is someone to be willing to step up to the plate and organize one. As long as folks wait for "someone else" to do all the work in setting something this up, it will never happen. Round Rock is close to SA, Austin, Waco, and not out of reach for the Dallas-Ft. Worth folks. Maybe the next one could be down your way.

Paul
michaelwr
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:50 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

If anyone is willing to come to T-town, I know a few places and now have the resources to set one up!

or just part of the dance
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
BluesPicker
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:57 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

"Living on Tulsa time -- living on Tulsa time ... "

Sounds good, Michael. Hopefully some of the "local" or near-local boys 'n' gals will ring in and you can get this off the ground. You might want to suggest a "target" to shoot for, say October or November, and see who can make it when, and then narrow it down from there.

It would be quite a stretch for me to get down there and, if I did, it would be without an amp or guitar (I refuse to fly with a guitar as checked baggage unless absolutely necessary), but I won't rule it out either.

Paul
michaelwr
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:14 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

BluesPicker wrote:
"Living on Tulsa time -- living on Tulsa time ... "

Sounds good, Michael. Hopefully some of the "local" or near-local boys 'n' gals will ring in and you can get this off the ground. You might want to suggest a "target" to shoot for, say October or November, and see who can make it when, and then narrow it down from there.

It would be quite a stretch for me to get down there and, if I did, it would be without an amp or guitar (I refuse to fly with a guitar as checked baggage unless absolutely necessary), but I won't rule it out either.

Paul

Well I'm sure we could get you a guitar if I had to go to GC and get you one myself!!

or just part of the dance
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
BluesPicker
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:25 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Bribery will get you everywhere.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic