KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

New DC7X Build Brainstorm View next topic
View previous topic
NegativeCreep

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:08 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all!

I'm gassing for the extended scale DC7X and wanted your experience with a certain tonewood combination or if there's a better combo you'd suggest.

I was thinking of trying out the Black Limba body with Koa top. I like the idea of a super mahogany with clearer mids and the Koa to brighten and warm things up.

I'm also thinking of adding a Walnut neck with Maple strips. I think the Walnut will make the guitar growl at the low end and hopefully still cut through with the maple.

I'm planning on making this a Drop A guitar and lots of seething doomy chunky notes with thrashy parts.

I have other guitars with other wood combinations and just wanted to experiment with another variety. I typically have mahogany guitars with maple necks and ebony boards.

Am I heading in the right direction or am I combining things that shouldn't be?

Thanks!
John

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic