KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

NUBAD For ElfDude! View next topic
View previous topic
ElfDude
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:33 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a New Used Bass Amp Day for me!

The price made it irresistible!

[URL=http://s293.photobucket.com/user/ElfDude2112/media/Bass%20Amp/IMG_0837_zps7b2085d7.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=http://s293.photobucket.com/user/ElfDude2112/media/Bass%20Amp/IMG_0838_zps908b287c.jpg.html] [/URL]

Carvin SH445, SH225, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, LB76F, Vintage 16, Nomad
Bundy
Alive again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:58 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, that's pretty cool! Simple yet I would imagine very effective... is that a 15" speaker?

I'll mend myself before it gets me...
ElfDude
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:43 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, 15" speaker with a tweeter (there's an L pad for the tweeter in the rear). Probably more bass amp than I'll ever need, but I'm glad to have it.

It was listed in a local paper. I kept watching it as the seller lowered the price little by little as time went by. When it hit $75 I just couldn't sit by any longer. I swooped in. Mr. Green

Carvin SH445, SH225, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, LB76F, Vintage 16, Nomad
Bob C
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:37 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

$75? Awesome. How loud is it? I'm in a new band and have GAS for practice and stage gear. I'm excited for you!
peterbright
Museum Supporter

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:30 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

great deal
Bundy
Alive again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:41 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I did some work on an old bandmate's gtrs/amps and he paid me with a 1996 PB-100. It took a bit to get it up to speed but I gave it to my son, who is playing bass for me now in the church band. I am amazed at the awesome punch and tone we can get from this amp!

I don't think ours has a tweeter, but it's got a 15" and it has a good thump to it. Now I just gotta get this kid a Carvin bass! It's a great feeling sitting in the living room and hearing him learning and kicking those low-end licks coming out of his room next door... Mr. Green

ElfDude
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:12 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Bundy wrote:
I did some work on an old bandmate's gtrs/amps and he paid me with a 1996 PB-100. It took a bit to get it up to speed but I gave it to my son, who is playing bass for me now in the church band. I am amazed at the awesome punch and tone we can get from this amp!

I don't think ours has a tweeter, but it's got a 15" and it has a good thump to it. Now I just gotta get this kid a Carvin bass! It's a great feeling sitting in the living room and hearing him learning and kicking those low-end licks coming out of his room next door... Mr. Green

That's way cool, mate!

Also pretty awesome that you and your son get to play together. Cool

Bundy
Alive again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:43 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

ElfDude wrote:
Also pretty awesome that you and your son get to play together. Cool

Thanks, I'm really stoked about that! We're playing a public gig this Saturday afternoon that will be the core of our church band + some secular tunes. If anyone remembers an old Southern/Classic Rock band I was in called Steele Breeze, this will be version 7.0 or something like that. Laughing

My son (being the rightful owner/legal heir of Porkchop now) still yearns to play guitar as he can smoke the other rhythm guitarists in the band, but he's seeing now that his bass skills are extremely valuable to the band. He now knows what an asset the bass is to the whole band and he's digging it. He's only got $100 sunk into a used-but-like-new Ibanez GSR200 bass but I told him that by September that guitar will have paid for itself.

We're gonna gig this PB-100 on Saturday as it has a much punchier tone than the Ampeg SVT-III and 4x10 at the church. I really like the tones this Carvin bass combo gets. Cool

ElfDude
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:00 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Good stuff, man!

Bundy wrote:
He's only got $100 sunk into a used-but-like-new Ibanez GSR200 bass but I told him that by September that guitar will have paid for itself.

I'm hoping to buy a 4-string fretted bass on Saturday (birthday present from my wife to me). The Ibanez GSR200 is one of the candidates. For years the only bass I've owned is an LB76 fretless, which is pretty awesome. But having something more basic would be nice too,

Bundy
Alive again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:21 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

ElfDude wrote:
I'm hoping to buy a 4-string fretted bass on Saturday (birthday present from my wife to me). The Ibanez GSR200 is one of the candidates. For years the only bass I've owned is an LB76 fretless, which is pretty awesome. But having something more basic would be nice too,

It's a very solid bass guitar for the money. They can be found at most online retailer sites for $199 so for what he put into it (half that price), he's happy. I added a $5 set of Dunlop dual-design strap buttons just because every other guitar in the house uses them.

There are a few minor manufacturing flaws but they can be fixed easily. The action is good and the pickups/controls work well. I didn't do hardly anything to it and it plays/sounds good right off the shelf.

He has the Jewel Blue version: LINK

alnico5
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:14 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a PB-150 bass head and a friend has the same with a built in 15" in a combo. My amp blew its MOSFETs. I relpaced them and it blew again. Same with my friend. I understand MOSFETs are no longer made. Up until then I was perfectly happy with the amp. I now have a BX250. I wish you many years of enjoyment with your amp.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic