KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Crickets chirping View next topic
View previous topic
Tripoutski
I did not go Country, Country got me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:43 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I still lurk around from time to time. Pretty much dropped all music to put my lovely bride through her Masters and Doctorate, so I have not been musically involved much. Just starting to try to get back into it, but the desire is still lacking.

It is good to see you here, Russ! Wow, and some of the others that chimed in!
Russ
Seeking qualified therapist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:31 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I think they were waiting for the coolness that is me to return Smile [/sarcasm]

Brian - I went digging through old threads on your double-neck, and unless you dropped it down a flight of stairs or something, I'm going under the premise that it's still "minty fresh" from the rebuild/refin. Part of me wants to ask what you're asking for it, as I've wanted a double-neck since the 70s, and yet the me that realizes that at most I'll gig twice a year and already have over 15 guitars that haven't been exposed to daylight in the last 5 years, it hardly seems like a logical question to ask.

Alas, my intent in coming here was not to add to the collection, even though it would round things out nicely... Think

That Ash Bolt is pretty darn sweet, by the way.

Howlin' Woof

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:11 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

My opinion is Carvin, as a company, has gone in a direction that doesn't interest me in the least. Which is why I don't participate on the Carvin BBS and why I'm virtually certain I won't be getting any more products from them.

I got that Bolt simply because (1) I had a Swamp Ash Bolt body that needed the rest of the guitar but was having a hard time finding a neck..so (2) I got a good deal on a factory Bolt. But that will be my last purchase. In fact, as I said before, I think I'm set with guitar gear. My life has moved WELL beyond playing music, even around the house. There simply isn't time nor space in it for that at this point.

But, I do stop by here most days for a minute or two....just for old time sake. Cool

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic