KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Converting a 94 LB70 from active to passive or... View next topic
View previous topic
JackEnt4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:46 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Thinking about one last mod to my 94 LB70. It is an active bass and does not have the bypass switch that the later models have. Looking for some specifics/ recommendations from anyone here who has done a conversion like the one I have in mind. I realize it will probably mean different pups, which I'd rather not have to replace, but will the current Kiessels be a good choice? I know the EQ circuit will have to be changed as the current is a boost/cut on the bass and treble so hoping someone has some ideas. Thanks for any help,
Smile
tms13pin
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:46 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

This is much easier than going the other way. The stock pickups should be fine as the were usually able to be used in passive mode anyway. How many pots are currently on the bass (how many holes are already drilled)? This will determine what configuration you want.... 2 vol 2 tone... 2 vol, 1 tone, 1 blend, etc.

This place is a good place to get parts and they have wiring diagrams for different scenarios on their site.

http://guitarelectronics.com/

--Tom
JackEnt4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:58 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the link. Bass has 1 volume, 1 blend, 1 bass boost/cut and 1 treble boost/cut. I wasn't sure if the boost/cut pots could be replaced with a straight non active bass and treble pots and just not wire in the battery power.

Dave

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic