KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Carvin Amps Hate Pedals! View next topic
View previous topic
tlhamon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:36 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I have found that both their guitar and bass amps do not sound good with pedals either in front or in the effect loop. Especially distortion or overdrive. Has anyone found an overdrive pedal that actually sounds good going into their bass amp? I suspect it is caused by the padding resistor on the input jack, but that is just a guess. Any thoughts or suggestions? Think Think
old Dawg
Member of the Family

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:08 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm? Think I find your post quite fascinating as I have owned quite a few CARVIN Guitar amps and still do and have always had fantastic success running pedals through them. in front or through the loop...Never had one of the Bass amps so can answer that question ..for the record I have never been a boutique pedal guy either..BOSS pedals..Digitech, DOD for the most part..tube screamer, Fulltone OCD...the hardwire series of pedals...MXR overdrives and distortions..I've got boxes of them...crud didn't realize I had that many laying around... May have to hold a yard sale...

DC4 DC125 DC127 DC135 DC145 DC150 DC400 SC90 AC175 AC375 AE185 HF2 SH225 SH445 SH550 ST300 CS6 CT6 CT3 CM130 TL60 TLB60 BOLT+ BOLT ULTRA V COBALT650 AG1OOD + EXT CAB 2- 212S CABS MTS3200H LEGACY1C LEGACY3 V3M V3MC X60A NOMAD112 VINTAGE33 VT50 HEAD VT112EXT CAB VT 410 CAB
wickid
Curator: Carvin Museum of NY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:59 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

MTS, Legacy, V3 (head and combo), X100 IV - I've used 'em all. I've mostly used the fx loop with modulation / delays and such. I did try a Line6 M13 in 4-cable mode, with 1 set of fx driving the front, including a wah ... no issues here.

(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)
ElfDude
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:15 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Never really tried pedals in front of the SX300 when I had it. But I've never heard an amp take pedals better than the Nomad. The Vintage 16 really likes 'em too.

Carvin SH445, SH225, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, LB76F, Vintage 16, Nomad
tbonesullivan
New and Improved

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:17 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

My MTS3200 loves pedals like nothing else, same with my Series IV X-100b. I usually only use pedals before the amp, as many are NOT designed to run line level signals, so they will distort if put in the effects loop.

I have never had any problem running pedals into a carvin bass amp, and I use a lot.

Effects: Boss OD-20, Carvin XP4, AC120, ODB-3, ISP Dec.
Triton76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:14 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I run pedal board into Vintage 16 for my gigs and works a treat. EHX & TC ODs + chorus/delay

Also run a multi fx in the loop of my MTS combo and it is great. mainly use it for delay and a tuner and to keep the volume down.
also a blasting an overdrive with level and tone all the way up and drive down into gain channel rocks

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic