KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Model and electronics repair View next topic
View previous topic
remltr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:54 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,

I have what appears to be a 1990-91 DC200 SN 30.... It has the A500 Electronics. The phase and bright switches are broken and need to be replaced.The switch in the "deep" (neck only) position is intact and appears to be a 2-position S3 switch. Looking at Kiesel they appear to be either S2(3 position on/off/on) or S3(2 position on/off). I have a new S3 switch purchased from Kiesel. I desoldered one of the broken switches(bright, bridge only) from the board and the new S3 switch From Kiesel won't fit the board. Now, the old switch had "pins" and the new switch has "tabs". Can anyone tell me what switches belong in these positions and perhaps suggest a part supplier? I have contacted Kiesel with no response. Or even a good shop to repair this for me in the NYC area?
Thanks for your time guys....

tms13pin
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:18 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

My guess is that they are both simple DPDT (double-pole double-throw) switches. They simply switch one direction or the other, there isn't a middle. The "bright" (bridge pickup) switch should be the same as the "deep" (neck pickup) switch and the phase switch simply toggles the two pickups either in phase or out of phase and you use a DPDT switch for that. You can order switches from a place like Digikey that have the posts for fitting into circuit boards rather than the tabs with holes in them which are used when you're wiring them up in guitars.

--Tom
remltr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:41 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Sir!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic