KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

FS/FT: Carvin V3M head, and possibly two 1x12 cabinets. View next topic
View previous topic
spudmunkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:11 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Carvin V3M head, footswitch, carry bag, and my two custom (from Carvin) 1x12 cabinets. Also, most of my effects pedals (which I'll list here if y'all want...but only if someone's interested)

I've enjoyed them immensely, but as I get older and more set in my ways, I've determined it's overkill. I'm thinking of swapping out everything and getting something smaller that I can just plug directly into my PC. However, while I would love to buy the new equipment first and then sell off which one I liked less, I would literally be murdered if I brought in another piece of gear without getting rid of something first. Mr. Green

V3M head - 100% functional, only some cosmetic blemishes on the silver lid. I can take detailed photos if you'd like. Original tubes.

Footswitch for the V3M

V3M padded Carry bag (never used...I bought it when they were having their going-out-of-business sale, but never took it out of the plastic)

I see people selling a head and footswitch on reverb.com for $499 plus shipping, and I see them selling on ebay for $400-450 For K/C insiders, I'll start at $450 for the head and footswitch PLUS the carry bag, and shipping within the lower 48.

I think I might put the speakers at $175 each, and for you guys I'll do free shipping (I'm going to charge shipping when I post this elsewhere later). They were custom from the factory with white tolex on the speaker baffles. The one with the Vintage 30 has a dent on the front face of the speaker cabinet. This was done by UPS in transit. Carvin gave me a few bucks discount, so I'll sell that cab the same price as the other even though it has the upgraded speaker option.

Specs on the speaker cabs:
https://carvinaudio.com/pages/archive-112v-1x12-100w-cabinet

Here's the "unboxing" I did when I got it. It's the first time I ever edited a video, so be kind. Ha!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f-L3EkDSaU

You can see the dent on the front edge of the cabinet in this photo, above the "E" in "CELESTION".

Note on this one: I'm keeping the speaker cable(s) Wink:

This one's just to show scale (the CS6 is NOT for sale). It's taller than a halfstack, but a much smaller footprint and can go back tighter into a room's corner. Each speaker is lighter than a 2x12 (obviously) and if you've got a small gig, you can just use one of the 1x12 cabs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f-L3EkDSaU
ElfDude
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:23 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

One of those speaker cabs sure would sit nicely under my little Quilter MicroBlock 45....

Are they 8 Ohms?

Kiesel Aries, Carvin CS6M, SH445, SH225, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, LB76F, Vintage 16, Nomad
spudmunkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:22 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

ElfDude wrote:
One of those speaker cabs sure would sit nicely under my little Quilter MicroBlock 45....

Are they 8 Ohms?

The standard GT12 one is, yes, at least according to the standard spec. I assume the Vintage 30 one is well, but I've never opened up the back to check.
spudmunkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:14 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

spudmunkey wrote:
ElfDude wrote:

Are they 8 Ohms?

The standard GT12 one is, yes, at least according to the standard spec. I assume the Vintage 30 one is well, but I've never opened up the back to check.

I just realized that it would go great with your Aries, too. ha!
ElfDude
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:15 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

spudmunkey wrote:
spudmunkey wrote:
ElfDude wrote:

Are they 8 Ohms?

I just realized that it would go great with your Aries, too. ha!

Oh heck... it would, wouldn't it?

Kiesel Aries, Carvin CS6M, SH445, SH225, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, LB76F, Vintage 16, Nomad
UnexplodedCow
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the white baffle with black tolex. Classy looking. 1x12s are fantastic speakers to play with. For a live performance, more speakers tends to sound "bigger," but for recording, home play, or smaller venues, give me a good single 12 cabinet every time.

These look pretty large, too, and the convertible back is very nice. *ponders*
spudmunkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

UnexplodedCow wrote:
I like the white baffle with black tolex. Classy looking. 1x12s are fantastic speakers to play with. For a live performance, more speakers tends to sound "bigger," but for recording, home play, or smaller venues, give me a good single 12 cabinet every time.

These look pretty large, too, and the convertible back is very nice. *ponders*

If I remember correctly, these specific speaker cabinets were released when the v3m was launched, and they were specifically designed to have a larger interior volume than their other one by 12 they had available at the time which was for the Vintage series. Overall it is larger than just a 2 x 12 cabinet would be, but a 2 x 12 cabinet needs two hands to be carried anyways, so in terms of transporting, carrying two speakers with two hands isn't all that much different. Stacked vertically, its footprint is no bigger than a 2 by 12 would be. Heck, at one point I had all of that stacked on top of my ag100d! My girlfriend called it a tower of power. Haha!

What I will say though, is that so far since this is the only place I've listed it, and I am not in a super rush,, I would only sell one of the cabinets separately, so that I could still sell one with the head as a complete amp so to speak.
UnexplodedCow
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

The depth is standard, but they are definitely larger in the other two dimensions...I'm betting they sound great (that V30 probably sounds better than the GT12, too).

Random note: I always though the V16's cab was too small for a 12" speaker, and that a 10" should've been used. I might try that with mine one day.
spudmunkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:59 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Bump, just in case.
spudmunkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:00 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Last bump, I promise. Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic