KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

texas bash set list questions View next topic
View previous topic
Delta362
Amp repairs and homebrew builds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:36 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

It's because TX is so great that all those around us want to come here and join the fun. Mr. Green
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:17 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Delta362 wrote:
It's because TX is so great that all those around us want to come here and join the fun. Mr. Green

Exactly!!! Applause
mattd
Museum Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:16 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Here are some Promotional Quotes from same famous Blues Acts Talking about T-Bones DVD (Texas Bash).

Or from Country Blues man Red-Neck Crowly;

Hey hey hey hey - RedNeck Crowly hyar t'tell ya about some of th' bess all out Blues an' Blues Rock Jammin out thar. Man, Let me tell yo',.... these fellas kin play ah tell yo' waht! Fry mah hide! Mah eyes done did pop outta mah haid. Mah Jaw was hit th' flore an' mah tongue unrolled out t'th' Houn'dog barn, as enny fool kin plainly see. ah was plum be amazed at th' pure authentic emoshun of these fella's. So does not hessatate! Git out thar an' Buy th' Terry Hartley T-Bone BBQ Happy Hour Blues Jam DVD today. An' smack yer houn'dog an' call it betsy.

How about this From Legendary Blues Artist Black Dogs Balls Johnson;

Hey Jollyman hey hey hey - Black Dog Balls Johnson here t'tell ya about some uh de best all out Blues and Blues ROck Jammin out dere. Man, Let me tell ya',.... dese boys kin play - mah' eyes wuz plum o'l buggin out uh my haid. Mah' Jaw wuz hittin de floo' at da damn pure audentic emoshun uh dese fella's. So's do not hessatate! Right on! Get out da' and Steal de Terry Hartley T-Bone BBQ Happy Hour Blues Jam DVD today. Slap mah fro! And hold on fo' de ride. oowwwoo Owwoo Owoooo Black DOg Balls Johnson says it howls - Oh Yea! Right on!

Also From Mississipi Mudd Face Jinkins;

Alright - Everybody need t'get dis two DVD Blues 'estravagansa. WORD! Featurin' some uh de countrys top Blues and Blues Rock Cats around. You's dig two hours full uh knock ya' out Blues and Blues Rock Jammin. 'S coo', bro. So's drop everydin' and dig dis DVD NOW! Right on! It be a Must gots. So, dig it and dig it now, so cut me some slack, Jack. Do not make me mosey on down ova' dere and knock yo' fricken haid off. De Terry Hartley T-Bone BBQ Happy Hours Blues Jam. WORD! Steal it ! Preach it loud, bruddah!! Preach it loud, bruddah!

Here is a more Southern Twist to the Commercial for you southern folk.

Alright - Ev'rybody need t'git this hyar two DVD Blues extryvagansa. Featurin' some of th' countrys top Blues an' Blues Rock Cats aroun'. Yo' git two hours full of knock yo' out Blues an' Blues ROck Jammin, as enny fool kin plainly see. So drop ev'rythin' an' git this hyar DVD NOW! Fry mah hide! It is a Muss have. So, git it an' git it now. Do not make me come on over thar an' knock yer fricken haid off. Th' Terry Hartley T-Bone BBQ Happy Hours Blues Jam, dawgone it. Buy it ! Fry mah hide!! Fry mah hide!! Fry mah hide!! Fry mah hide!
emux2
Cryogenically preserved for your protection!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:27 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

T-Bone-BBQ wrote:
emux2 wrote:
T-Bone-BBQ wrote:
FYI...

The Blues set lyrics and CD's are going out in the mail today...

Got mine today. Thanks! Looks like you put in quite a bit of work to do those. Any idea who is planning on playing what song?

We don't have anything set on who is playing what. We'll usually have one person sing and take turns on the solo. Each person will play like 12 bars on the solo, then the next person, etc...

We just have fun...no cutting heads or trying to outplay each other. I should have sent you a copy of the DVD's from last year so you can see how we did it. I'll try to send you a copy this week, okay? I think you'll enjoy it.

Sounds good and thanks for all the hard work! I have hosted two of the SE bashs and know first hand how much work it can be. I have no regrets I had a good time doing it. I just wanted you to know that it is appriciated.
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:05 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

mattd wrote:
Here are some Promotional Quotes from same famous Blues Acts Talking about T-Bones DVD (Texas Bash).

Somehow I knew that translator thing was going to be used... d'oh!
Riviera2dice
Born to Rock - Forced to Work

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:29 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

T-Bone-BBQ wrote:
mattd wrote:

Somehow I knew that translator thing was going to be used... d'oh!

I'm glad to hear it's been SO WELL RECEIVED!!!! Bounce Bounce

Did Best Buy ever pick it up?? Cause if they did my royalty check must be lost in the mail. Mr. Green

www.SkylineBand.Info
My Soundclick Page
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:41 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Riviera2dice wrote:
Did Best Buy ever pick it up?? Cause if they did my royalty check must be lost in the mail. Mr. Green

Yours and mine both...
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:32 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Did everyone get their CD and lyric sheets?
Riviera2dice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:40 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Got mine. Haven't touched it, but I got it.

I'm waiting for a week with some hotel time where I'm driving and can take anything I want. Shampoo, toothpaste,.... guitars, ... you know, the basics.

I've been flying a lot lately.

www.SkylineBand.Info
My Soundclick Page
Jointus
Green Leafy BBS Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:44 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I shore hopin' y'ain't filmin' dis der Texan Bash dis year! I done too tarred from the heat of hotness to paractice! Boo hoo!
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:04 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Jointus wrote:
I shore hopin' y'ain't filmin' dis der Texan Bash dis year! I done too tarred from the heat of hotness to paractice! Boo hoo!

Yup...we'll be filming again... Mr. Green
Jointus
Green Leafy BBS Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:52 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I had the strangest dream last night....I was at T-Bone's pad and he told me that the bash was canceled! So me and Nicole were leaving and saw two giant tour busses pull up with all of the Carvinites aboard! We all started setting up a huge outdoor stage on a hill by T-Bone's place and were getting ready to rock when all of a sudden............the alarm went off! Mad
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:25 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Jointus wrote:
I had the strangest dream last night....I was at T-Bone's pad and he told me that the bash was canceled! So me and Nicole were leaving and saw two giant tour busses pull up with all of the Carvinites aboard! We all started setting up a huge outdoor stage on a hill by T-Bone's place and were getting ready to rock when all of a sudden............the alarm went off! Mad

You should stop eating those burritos before going to bed. Eh?

On another note. The guy I asked to play drums should make it on the 14th, but he's not sure what time. He has to attend a wedding for some friends of his wife. I'm still pursuing other leads for a drummer...it's getting frustrating tho... Sad
Riviera2dice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:00 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

If push comes to shove, I'll find a way to bring my drums. Don't sweat it too much, T.

I'll just bring less, but enough, guitar gear. Mr. Green

www.SkylineBand.Info
My Soundclick Page
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:38 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Riviera2dice wrote:
If push comes to shove, I'll find a way to bring my drums. Don't sweat it too much, T.

I'll just bring less, but enough, guitar gear. Mr. Green

Okay...we'll do that as a last resort.
Riviera2dice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:43 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Went to GC last night and got me one a 'deese:

My original Lugwig throne leaves a little to be desired for long term sitting. Shocked Bang Head Moon

Notice the thin seat:

Plus I picked up a bag of cheap sticks!! I needed this stuff anyway. Mr. Green

www.SkylineBand.Info
My Soundclick Page
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:06 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately it seems that we'll need you to bring that stuff to the bash...

Will you be bringing your Strat Ultra again this year? I meant to try it out last year, but forgot about it. I'd like to see how those Lace Sensors sound through my BelAir.
Riviera2dice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:52 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

T-Bone-BBQ wrote:

Will you be bringing your Strat Ultra again this year? I meant to try it out last year, but forgot about it. I'd like to see how those Lace Sensors sound through my BelAir.

Too bad that Shane and Jaime can't make it this year. What a plus those guys were to the effort!!

That's a Strat Plus. I will now that you've asked. It's got some fret wear that I'm starting to think about fixing, but other than that it's in good shape. I've recently realized that that had been my main guitar going on 15 years. I like the Lace's, I think you will too.

www.SkylineBand.Info
My Soundclick Page
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:59 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Riviera2dice wrote:
T-Bone-BBQ wrote:

Too bad that Shane and Jaime can't make it this year. What a plus those guys were to the effort!!

That's a Strat Plus. I will now that you've asked. It's got some fret wear that I'm starting to think about fixing, but other than that it's in good shape. I've recently realized that that had been my main guitar going on 15 years. I like the Lace's, I think you will too.

I've always wondered how they would sound. Buggy Guy is one of my favorite blues players. He uses them on his strats (along with the TBX and mid boost) and I love his tone. I'm just curious if they would fit my style and how they would sound through my BelAir. If you can bring it again that'll be awesome. If you need the room for something else don't worry about it. You're going to be bringing plenty of stuff anyways...
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:11 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Riv, Jointus...

Do you guys think we'll be okay as far as the PA equipment goes for the bash? If not my Gpa has some stuff and said he would be willing to bring some if it's needed.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic