KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

My Bolt+C is working out great at church so far... View next topic
View previous topic
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:40 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I got this guitar a few weeks back and just love it...

I'm still working to tweak the clean sound on the neck humbucker to my ear. I'm close, but not quite there. The distorted tone with the bridge pickup is just massive sounding. I'm also getting some really good sustain with the FR, locking nut, and a 50 lb. guitar. Mr. Green Seriously...this guitar is HEAVY. I've never owned a guitar this heavy. It's heavier than my LP is had...heavier than my metal bodied resonator also. I still love it, I just make sure I use a WIDE strap. Laugh Hard

"I can't win...'cause I don't have a thing to lose" - Buddy Guy
tkcrabby
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:01 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Terry,
That's one great lookin' C66, I just love blue.

I had a trans green burst C66 that was heavy as well, and that's the main reason that when it came time to sell some of my axes off that it was in the sale group........... My back bothers me fairly often so it had to go.

The MB i21 still gettin' any love on your end these days?

Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

tkcrabby wrote:
Terry,
That's one great lookin' C66, I just love blue.

I had a trans green burst C66 that was heavy as well, and that's the main reason that when it came time to sell some of my axes off that it was in the sale group........... My back bothers me fairly often so it had to go.

The MB i21 still gettin' any love on your end these days?
Oh yeah...still love the i21 for sure. It's an awesome guitar.

wickid
Curator: Carvin Museum of NY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:09 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

That Bolt+ sure is a beauty! Cool
Nightrain
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:51 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I never thought I'd see you with a Floyd Equipped Guitar.
I remember how heavy that guitar is. Swamp ash will fool you at times. My green one is not light but its not heavy either.
Nightrain Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:44 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Nightrain wrote:
I remember how heavy that guitar is. Swamp ash will fool you at times. My green one is not light but its not heavy either.

Well I'm a metal head from back in the late 80's and early 90's...I just can't shred.

Nightrain
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:49 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

T-Bone-BBQ wrote:
Nightrain wrote:

Well I'm a metal head from back in the late 80's and early 90's...I just can't shred.

I did not know that. Man, don't sell yourself short cos you hold your own very well. Shreders are great for playing fast but it is feeling that counts most and you got the feel. I'd much rather listen to your playing than anyone who can play like Yngwie or Vai. Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

BTW when is the bash this year?
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:34 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Nightrain wrote:
T-Bone-BBQ wrote:
Nightrain wrote:

I did not know that. Man, don't sell yourself short cos you hold your own very well. Shreders are great for playing fast but it is feeling that counts most and you got the feel. I'd much rather listen to your playing than anyone who can play like Yngwie or Vai. Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Oh yeah...I was a big fan of bands like Dokken, Whitesnake, GNR, Motley Crue, Metallica, Megadeth, Firehouse, etc... back in high school and even after. I never even got into blues until I moved to Texas and got introduced heavily to Mr. SRV. Once I became a fan of his (unfortunately it was after his death) I learned about all of the other great blues players/legends through him and grew a big urge to learn to play guitar because of him.

While taking guitar lessons my guitar teacher had a jam session for his students at a church he was giving lessons at. The church P&W band was there at the time and invited me to come back and practice with them on their P&W music. I hesitated and made excuses for about a month, then finally decided to try it. My thoughts on church from growing up was that it was all stuffy and boring and with boring music...I was wrong. I've been going to church there and playing in the P&W band ever since.

After going to church for a couple of years I got the idea to try to mix Blues-style music and Christian lyrics. I've written 10 songs over the years (one instrumental) and have only in the past 6-8 months been able to get decent enough recording gear to make an attempt at recording them to make my CD. I'm currently working on that project having basically completed 3 songs and working on the other 7.

Sorry for the history lesson on my life...I guess I kinda hijacked my own thread, huh? Laugh Hard

Nightrain
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:09 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

T-Bone-BBQ wrote:
Nightrain wrote:
T-Bone-BBQ wrote:
Nightrain wrote:

Oh yeah...I was a big fan of bands like Dokken, Whitesnake, GNR, Motley Crue, Metallica, Megadeth, Firehouse, etc... back in high school and even after. I never even got into blues until I moved to Texas and got introduced heavily to Mr. SRV. Once I became a fan of his (unfortunately it was after his death) I learned about all of the other great blues players/legends through him and grew a big urge to learn to play guitar because of him.

While taking guitar lessons my guitar teacher had a jam session for his students at a church he was giving lessons at. The church P&W band was there at the time and invited me to come back and practice with them on their P&W music. I hesitated and made excuses for about a month, then finally decided to try it. My thoughts on church from growing up was that it was all stuffy and boring and with boring music...I was wrong. I've been going to church there and playing in the P&W band ever since.

After going to church for a couple of years I got the idea to try to mix Blues-style music and Christian lyrics. I've written 10 songs over the years (one instrumental) and have only in the past 6-8 months been able to get decent enough recording gear to make an attempt at recording them to make my CD. I'm currently working on that project having basically completed 3 songs and working on the other 7.

Sorry for the history lesson on my life...I guess I kinda hijacked my own thread, huh? Laugh Hard

You know, I never knew that. That was very interesting. I just always thought you grew up on listening to blues but I was wrong. Very cool story. Our church is boring with boring music. No place for talent to flourish unless you sing. But the songs sung for specials are generally out of my range or the music just kills the message. We have a piano player and an organist but that is it no P&W band. I used to push to put one together but it got so much negativity and non support that I've gave up on it here. Been considering changing churches and go to one where I could use my talents but my job takes me away from most Sundays.
BluesPicker
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:25 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Great story, Terry. Thanks for sharing.

I looked at your church's site the other night with an interest in checking it out and maybe trying to get involved with the P&W group, if they'd have me ... but it's quite a haul from here (at least for me to commit to it every week). I haven't had much luck scouting things out around the Mid-Cities area, but sooner or later I'll find something, I'm sure.

You know, Terry -- all of us come to a certain music form via different roads. It doesn't make any difference how we get there, so long as we find the way. That's what makes your story so special and inspiring.

Thanks again for sharing.

P
T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

BluesPicker wrote:
I looked at your church's site the other night with an interest in checking it out and maybe trying to get involved with the P&W group, if they'd have me ... but it's quite a haul from here (at least for me to commit to it every week). I haven't had much luck scouting things out around the Mid-Cities area, but sooner or later I'll find something, I'm sure.

Hey Paul...that would be awesome if you could make it out one Sunday to visit my church. I understand about it being a big haul for you weekly, plus with your work schedule making a committment to play weekly would be near impossible. If you were to come and visit you might see what I was telling you about the place feeling like a big family and could possibly give you an idea of what to look for in a church closer to you.

T-Bone-BBQ
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Nightrain wrote:
[You know, I never knew that. That was very interesting. I just always thought you grew up on listening to blues but I was wrong. Very cool story. Our church is boring with boring music. No place for talent to flourish unless you sing. But the songs sung for specials are generally out of my range or the music just kills the message. We have a piano player and an organist but that is it no P&W band. I used to push to put one together but it got so much negativity and non support that I've gave up on it here. Been considering changing churches and go to one where I could use my talents but my job takes me away from most Sundays.

Sorry to hear that you aren't able to be involved in a P&W band at your church...some places are still like that unfortunately.

robertkoa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:48 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey T Bone- can the neck humbucker on that sort of do the ES 335 thing abd still do the Stevie Ray/Hendrix thing when tapped ?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic