KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

List your non-Carvin basses View next topic
View previous topic
75Player
Museum Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:36 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn, its about time you got over here BK! Welcome aboard Arrr! .

By the way, that bass you built for Slade is absolutely incredible. I'm still staring at the pics trying to figure out how the hell you did that neck joint. For some reason my eyes just can't figure out the transition. Niiiiice! Mr. Green
Rocketpriest
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:17 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, I don't have anything as impressive as some of these things you guys have been posting, but there's still a couple nice ones:

#1: 2003 Limited Edition all-flamed maple Warwick Thumb Bolt-on 4 string. Technically, it isn't all flamed maple, but the neck, half the body, and fingerboard are, so I figure that's good enough. The headstock's signed by Warwick's founder... whose name escapes me, and it's the third of 239. Impressed the heck out of me.

#2 is a hodge-podge Warmoth five-banger with a monster 4-coil double humbucker. I can't even play this thing through my normal rig. It's loud, and has a nice three band EQ. I'm unloading this one sometime soon to pay for my new LB70-P. I am going to miss the nice green paint job though.

#3 is a '54 Fender Tele Bass reissue that they did last year with a matching '54 strat (both of which I HAD to have). It is frosted metallic blue with pink and yellow flowers. I'm sure some of you have seen this. It's got a nice antique gloss finish on the neck too. Also, interesting note, the bass' serial number is 666, so its name is the Antichrist.

#4 is, without doubt, my favorite bass. It's fairly standard fare, a Schecter Stilletto Custom 4 String. Still, it's mostly mahogany, has EMG's, and it's the bass I learned on. Heavy sentimental value. When I can afford it, this baby's going straight to the SimS Custom Shop to get decked out with LED's. Only the best for my basses, I tell you.

I'd love to provide some pics, especially of the Warwick and the Antichrist, but I'm afraid that my free time to take pictures, and dry sunny days just haven't been matching up lately.
Rocketpriest
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:02 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I would have thought so too. Interestingly enough, though, there's a custom shop in the UK that has a method of installing them without removing the fingerboard from the rest of the neck. The guy practiced this method because he didn't want to mess with the intonation of the instrument. And yes, it looks incredible on a darkened stage. If you ever get a chance to see Steve Vai's "Live at the Astoria, London" DVD, you can see some of the SimS Custom LED work.
Rick500
Just nod if you can hear me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:16 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not a bass player, so I only have one bass. That made sense when I typed it. Smile

Used black Ibanez SG-something. It's decent.

Rick
LizzyD
We are the priests...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:54 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm giving this one a bump now that I have some pics of my newest baby.

Here she is, complete with new mirror pickguard and chrome knobs:

And my Pedulla Rapture is up for sale at Bass NW now. I'd keep it if it wasn't teal! Really great bass, but I don't think I will play it enough to justify keeping it.

Half Zaftig
Charlie Drown
Rocketpriest
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:13 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Now THAT is a Jazz Bass! I never would have thought to put a mirrored pick guard on it, but that does make for one sweet looking bass. Nice to finally see pictures of it in all its purple glory.

Last edited by Rocketpriest on Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
tbonesullivan
New and Improved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:12 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

mirror pickguards are awesome. the hard part is finding a guitar/bass where a mirror pickguard actually looks GOOD.

that jazz bass looks SWEET.

Effects: Boss OD-20, Carvin XP4, AC120, ODB-3, ISP Dec.
LizzyD
We are the priests...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:56 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I've seen a mirrored guard on a black jazz, and loved how it looked with the chrome control plate. To complete the look (jeez, that's straight out of a clothing catalog) I wanted chrome dome knobs.

Did y'all know that nobody makes regular plain old chrome dome knobs that fit American Fender solid shaft pots? They only fit import split shaft types unless you drill the holes out quite a bit. WD Music Products, where I ordered these, offers to drill them for you if you ask. So I did, and of course they neglected to do it. I got them to send more out that were drilled, but they still didn't fit so I resorted to asking my husband to do it for me.

Boy, the trouble I go through! Mr. Green I love this bass. Guitar

Half Zaftig
Charlie Drown
tbonesullivan
New and Improved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:23 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm more partial to the classic jazz bass knobs. Of course my Mexi Jazz bass has freakin strat knobs on it, which in the ... almost 12 years that i've owned it have never been replaced, even though i mean to. Tonite i'm probably gonna shield the control cavity, clean the pots, and POSSIBLY remove the knobs so i can size them. i'm not sure what kind of pots are on these things.

I just can't believe though that companies can't just use ONE shaft size.

Too Phat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:48 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

2003 Alembic Spyder
2003 Alembic Stanley Clark
1995 Alembic Custom Essence
1994 Custom Salas
1987 Rickenbacker Tuxedo
1972 Fender Jazz
tbonesullivan
New and Improved

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:03 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Too Phat wrote:
2003 Alembic Spyder
2003 Alembic Stanley Clark
1995 Alembic Custom Essence
1994 Custom Salas
1987 Rickenbacker Tuxedo
1972 Fender Jazz

let me be the first to ask you to PLEASE post pictures of what sounds like one kick butt collection of basses.

Mr. Green

Too Phat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:16 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, I'll have to work on that. I'm not sure how to post pics cuz I'm a tard.
Too Phat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:53 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Here are a couple. Alembic Spyder & Alembic Custom Essence. I purchased these two from Steve at Superbass in Ohio.

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
bonesigh
Often duplicated, never cloned...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:39 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, this is an easy one for me. I just received my first (and only thus far) bass last week:

-Rickenbacker 4003 in Fireglo
Woodyg3
Museum Supporter and fetch player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:58 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I have 2. My Peavey Foundation Fretless. (YES, IT HAS FRETLINES! Mr. Green )

And my project Jazz Bass that I repainted and put Vintage PUPs in.

- WG
gitfiddl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:48 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

WoodyG3-I dig the Foundation fretless.

My basses (my son broke my camera so shut up!):

Peavey Foundation (1984): ash body, maple fretboard, neck p/u replaced w/a T40 hb, SD 1/4lb pbass p/u in the the middle. I purchased this one new from American Music in Jax, FL. The salesman was Banner Thomas of Molly Hatchett fame. $285

Peavey Foundation (late 1980's): black painted body, rosewood fretboard. I defretted it ala Jaco. Numerous coats of epoxy on the fingerboard. Sock electronics. $110 eBay

Peavey Foundation (1990's): red painted body, rosewood fretboard. DiMarzio Billy Sheehan model one p/u in the neck position. $125 eBay

Peavey Forum (?): black body, rosewood fretboard, ugly blue painted pickguard. $145 eBay

Guild JSB2 shortscale: butchered beyond belief $60 @ flea market. no hope of restoring it to anywhere close to original, but I can make a mean player out of it!.

Ibanez something or other. Humbucker w/coil tap? Bought it for $50 from a guy at a jam nite. Headstock has been modified...it looks like Gumby (dammit)

WishBass Flow fretless: walnut (?) body; neckthru locust, maple, mahogany with a purpleheart fingerboard. single EMG Select p/u, volume pot with no tone pot. $200 eBay. Say what you want to about Wish, but this bass is cool!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:37 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Here we go. In no particular order.

Fury Tornado Custom (a couple of weeks old. No Good pictures yet but here are some bad ones.)

Lakland 55-94

Fender Custom shop Jazz

1992 Yamaha Nathan East Sig

1972 Fury LS4 (The ultimate P bass)

Fury Tornado Fretless's (one is custom)

Fury Tornado bound basses (#1 and #3 of 4)

Woodyg3
Museum Supporter and fetch player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:30 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

gitfiddl wrote:
WoodyG3-I dig the Foundation fretless.

My basses (my son broke my camera so shut up!):

Peavey Foundation (1984): ash body, maple fretboard, neck p/u replaced w/a T40 hb, SD 1/4lb pbass p/u in the the middle. I purchased this one new from American Music in Jax, FL. The salesman was Banner Thomas of Molly Hatchett fame. $285

Peavey Foundation (late 1980's): black painted body, rosewood fretboard. I defretted it ala Jaco. Numerous coats of epoxy on the fingerboard. Sock electronics. $110 eBay

Peavey Foundation (1990's): red painted body, rosewood fretboard. DiMarzio Billy Sheehan model one p/u in the neck position. $125 eBay

Peavey Forum (?): black body, rosewood fretboard, ugly blue painted pickguard. $145 eBay

Guild JSB2 shortscale: butchered beyond belief $60 @ flea market. no hope of restoring it to anywhere close to original, but I can make a mean player out of it!.

Ibanez something or other. Humbucker w/coil tap? Bought it for $50 from a guy at a jam nite. Headstock has been modified...it looks like Gumby (dammit)

WishBass Flow fretless: walnut (?) body; neckthru locust, maple, mahogany with a purpleheart fingerboard. single EMG Select p/u, volume pot with no tone pot. $200 eBay. Say what you want to about Wish, but this bass is cool!

Yep, Foundations are nice basses that can be had for a song. Sounds like you have a nice collection of them! Never heard of the Billy Sheehan model before.

- WG
RELIC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:36 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Besides my LB76 from 1993 I own:
- Fender P Bass 1974,
- BC Rich (4 strings) fretless, neck through. It's a beauty with an awsome sound, TONS of electronics, passive/active 1979.
Another weapon I want to get is a WARR 16 string Bass.

jtees4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:22 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I play guitar and TRY to play bass on my home recordings.
I have a 1965 Hagstrom (thinnest neck in the world)! I think it is a HIIB/F-400 ...not 100% sure. I've had it since 1985 I think. Real easy player, love that neck!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic