KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

NBD for ElfDude View next topic
View previous topic
ElfDude
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:40 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

This old man turned 51 yesterday. When my wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday I tried to think of things that didn't cost a fortune. Thinking about how for years the only bass I've owned is a Carvin LB76 fretless, I suggested we go to a locally owned music store and let an old friend there sell us a 4-string fretted bass.

Not being one who gigs playing bass I couldn't justify spending much, hence the reason for not going with Carvin this time. It didn't take long at all to choose the ubiquitous Ibanez SGR200. They're affordable, easy to play, good-looking, decent-sounding and versatile. I was really happy to go home with something that had a split pickup in it.

I was kind of leaning towards the pearl-white model, but my wife really loved the grain and color of this transparent red one, so it was the winner that went home with us. Cool

Kiesel Aries, Carvin CS6M, SH445, SH225, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, LB76F, Vintage 16, Nomad
Bundy
Alive again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:50 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Sweet. I just know you can get some good tones with that guitar and the Carvin bass combo. Wink

Funny thing, when my son is playing his GSR we found it sounds best to simply dime all the knobs on the guitar! WFO, baybee! Mr. Green

I'll mend myself before it gets me...
ElfDude
Way Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:59 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Bundy wrote:

Funny thing, when my son is playing his GSR we found it sounds best to simply dime all the knobs on the guitar! WFO, baybee! Mr. Green

Right now I'm kind of diggin' it with just the split pickup on and the bridge pickup silenced. Cool

Kiesel Aries, Carvin CS6M, SH445, SH225, Contour 66, AE185, DC135, CT4M, Bolt, LB76F, Vintage 16, Nomad

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic