KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Carvin BR610 combo View next topic
View previous topic
lowendblues
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:12 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I've retired (for now) from live playing and am thinking of selling my QSC/Sansamp gigging rig. I've been eyeballing the Carvin BR610 2-10 combo for a replacement to play with around the house. Does anyone have any reviews that they want to share.???

I like 10" speakers, and the "tiltback" design appeals to me. Any opinions good or bad will be appreciated. I use Carvin and Rickenbacker basses.
mgood
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:20 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think I've played that specific unit, but it seems very much like the RC210/R1010 "Red Eye" combo it replaces. The Red Eye was a little lacking in the very lows, especially if you played a five- or six-string, but was otherwise a really great sounding amp. Most of the BR series seem to have a great deal in common with their RL series predecessors, the main difference I see is a much more reliable amplifier.
lowendblues
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:30 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had 2 RL1000 heads in the past and really liked them. The first one seemed better than the second one though . I really cant put my finger on why. Question

I've been using Carvin gear for years and will probably pick up one of these combos this summer. I'll submit a review when I do.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic