Carvin.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Carvin V3 Problem.... View next topic
View previous topic
ALowerDeep
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:53 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got a used V3 and I really like it,I was messing with it at a good volume today and noticed the 2nd channel is not working corrctly...volume is really low and will eventually fade out totally until you switch channels and come back to it,normally i would think possibly a preamp tube,but looking in teh manual I notice the 2 drive channels share a preamp tube,so any ideas on what could eb wrong with it or has anyone had this issue wit their v3?Thanks
Bundy
Alive again.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:20 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

[I've edited your post to a white font to make it readable; you can fix this in your profile at your leisure...]

I would change out the preamp tubes in slot V1 and V2 and see if that helps. (Slot V1 will be the one closest to the input jack.) It couldn't hurt to retube the whole thing as it's used anyway. If new tubes don't help, I fear it may be something within the channel circuit in which case Carvin would be able to fix the problem. But if I recall correctly, channel 2 would be associated with the preamp tube in slot V2, so try that first!

I'll mend myself before it gets me...
ALowerDeep
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:39 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah,Im thinking there may just be something wrong with it,I swapped out the tubes and it still has teh same problem,just no volume and it wonyt get any louder....I hate to think I will have to ship it to carvin to get it fixed though....Hopefully I can finda local tech that can fix it....I got teh amp for a steal though,so,even if I paid $200 to get it fixed,I would still have gotten ot fpr less than market value and it is usable,1 and 3 work and the 2 drive channels are essentially the same according to the manual...but I want to get it fixed..i saw some of your posts on the v3..do you use the Deep,midcut,bright alot on your settings?I found that if you just dial the amp in,back off on teh mid cut a bit(from 10 oclock) and adjust teh deep to abuot six,the thing sounds monstrous,it rivals the Krank I had...it really fills a room and doesnt get boomy or muddy,though it is a very bright amp,but if you back of teh treble,presnce too much,even by a hair it gets a little muffled sounding...but it sounds awesome....definately cannot wait to hit the stage with it......Thanks for teh tip....
Bundy
Alive again.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:57 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

My mid-cut is at 0, deep at 5, bright at 9. I use the channel EQ's to further dial in what I want. As the master section affects all channels, I leave those where they're at and work with the rest of it (individual channels) if I need on-the-spot changes.

I'll mend myself before it gets me...
ALowerDeep
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:49 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

good to go,just had a resistor value decreased a bit so it would switch completely..teh guys at Carvin were very cool,actually sent me the resistor for free..just dont think the amp is my thing though....so,I may sell it....

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic