KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

"new" LB60 and active electronics View next topic
View previous topic
swamp2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:00 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi folks, I posted this on the Carvin BBS and it was suggested I raise it over here, so here goes...

I just picked up an LB60 which I believe is an '87 (Schaller tuners, curved logo, H11B pickups). It has a Carvin active preamp installed, which has a vol/blend/bass/treble control as well as p/u selector, phase switch and 2 coil tap switches. My questions...

1. The neck coil tap switch "appears" to be wired upside down in that in the "down" position, there's less noise pickup, and more bass. Does this make sense, or is this some type of bass boost circuit?

2. I suspect this is a "guitar" circuit, as the treble boost/cut isn't very dramatic in effect - I'm figuring the tone control center frequency is too high to be very useful for a bass. Is there a "bass" version of the circuit? Or has somebody figured out what changes to the circuit should be made to optimize for bass?

I haven't looked very closely yet but I think the circuit looks like the a500-g1 schematic found on the Carvin service site.

Many thanks for any help! It's a pretty neat bass overall, would just like to get it dialed in...
swamp2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm... ok, I found the page from the '90 catalog that describes the A500 module. Based on the neck bass boost operation I guess it sounds like I have the proper version. Still, I think the operation of the treble boost/cut could be more useful.

I think I need an A500-B schematic. Anybody have one?
Matthew780
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:02 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I sure would like to see this beauty...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic