KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Carvin BX1500 or Mesa M9 Carbine View next topic
View previous topic
boogie5strg
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:17 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi guys, I don't post much anymore but I am looking for opinions here. I have been looking for an 8x10 bass cab and Carvin no longer offers them. I have found some at one of the factory stores but can't get Carvin to sell me one so I have had to look elsewhere and have landed on Mesa. In playing their cabs I played thru the M9 Carbine. As it turns out I am now looking for a amp also. I really like the M9 but the BX1500 is 1k less although I don't want price to be the governing factor. There are a couple of things with the Carvin amps that bother me, the ribbon cable problem and input jacks becoming loose. I have seen that many times and don't want to deal with it. Maybe those are a thing of the past, I'm not sure. I need some help here as to why I should go with the Carvin instead of Mesa.
SlingBass
Just passing thru...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:32 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a B2000, and experienced the same problem with the input jack. In light of the good performance of the head, otherwise, it's a minor issue. It's a one time DIY fix.

Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:17 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, as it turns out I am staying with Carvin gear. I have been looking for an 8x10 cab for months now and was resigned to having to look at another manufacturer. I had talked with the Hollywood store at the end of November and they had a brand new 8x10 in the box but couldn't sell it to me unless I came in the store. Today I called Carvin asking if they happen to have any hidden and they said no but I mention Hollywood. They put me on hold while they check the Hollywood store. Ends up they are picking it up and shipping it to me and at a pretty nice price also. Since I was able to get this cab I went and ordered a BX1500.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic