KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

questions on a early 1990's DC400 View next topic
View previous topic
jonahboo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:33 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Good morning.....
background:
years ago I had a stunning CT66 Bolt neck Carvin, and traded it.....yep - I should have kept it. I contacted the guy I traded it to on Friday (he responded - he traded it too).......so i was beat.....

So i searched CL for a Carvin, found a what i think maybe a 1992 DC400. I contacted owner and traded my Gibson LP Studio for it - fair trade ( i have other LP's anyway)

here are the basic specs on it:
neck thru
HH config
active
(2) coil taps
(1) phase
vol, tone, bass cut? treb cut?
Wilkinson Trem
Sperz tuners

ok - what i am looking for is info on the trem and active elect.

trem = first off - this is the coolest system i have ever used! - the bar has a built in spring on it and fastens with a CCW nut
when arm is @ 6:00 = basically a fixed bridge, @ 3:00/9:00 = a floating bridge.
this works via the trem sliding into a sleeve in the rear cavity cover and a diagonal split cam sleeve....WHAT IS THIS TREM SYSTEM CALLED AND WHY DO THEY NOT USE IT ANY LONGER?

Guitar is factory w/ active electronics BUT was also shipped w/ a PASSIVE wiring harness (not installed)....over the weekend while playing the volume was almost gone a few times.....i pulled the plug and re-installed and vol came back.....
is this issue common? - can i get a PASSIVE/ACTIVE config w/o re-inventing the wheel? Has anyone done this......now most Carvins are conveniently equipped this way....

any help greatly appreciated
Jake8773
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:36 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Pictures would help (the trem) Thanks

GREAT Dealings with... ElfDude, Choppadude (SC90) tschurr, Mad_Jazzer CT3, Guitardan (Pickups), emux2 (DC135) Vexed73 (Carvin LS175C) Riviera2dice (Wilkinson Trem) Old Dawg (ABS case) ShadeOgreen (DC1127)
jonahboo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:16 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic