KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

1977 AS55B question View next topic
View previous topic
spru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:51 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I have used the available guide and determined I have a 1977 AS55B. I bought the guitar in about 1990 from the original owner. He removed the pick guard, but otherwise the guitar is in really nice shape... a bit of electrical buzz in the hookups but that can be fixed. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas regarding the value of the guitar if I need to sell it. From what I can tell the original suggested retail was around $700.00. I've attempted to insert pics below. Thanks!

Oh, and also, anyone know where I might get an appropriate replacement pick guard?

Bundy
Alive again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:33 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

WD Pickguards will make a pickguard based on a tracing you send them on a sheet of paper. You might try to find pics of an original guitar with pickguard and make a close copy by drawing/cutting it out to fit on paper. I'd use scissors and paper until I hit upon the correct design, then trace it and send it to WD. Good luck, that's an awesome score!

I'll mend myself before it gets me...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic