KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

Pro Bass 500 Bridge Mode View next topic
View previous topic
stoneattic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:50 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a Carvin Pro Bass 500 that works in every way except in bridge mode. Each individual channel works fine, but when I put it in bridge mode I get no sound at all. It does not trip the Protect light and I hear the relay click, but no sound. I have the bridge switch set to "mono/bridge", the biamp switch to "off" and I have a banana plug speaker cable in the bridge binding posts. The speaker cab is 8ohm, which is the minimum for bridged mode. I know the speaker cab is good as it works fine with the individual channels and I know the cable is good as it works with other amps (and I check for continuity and proper polarity).

I got the amp fairly recently and when I first got it I THINK I tested it in bridge mode and it did work, but I might be mis-remembering.

The only attempt at "repair/troubleshooting" was pulling the chassis and measuring the poles in the bridge switch. It is a DPDT and when in "normal(bi-amp)" mode it tests as it should (center pins to end pins on one side, open on the other). When is "mono/bridge" mode the all the pins on each side have continuity. I don't know if that's related to the rest of the circuit (my guess) or an indication of a bad switch.

Any ideas on what I might be missing or what might be wrong?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic