KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

12 string pickups View next topic
View previous topic
1stringsix
machining,music

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:34 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a 1984 DN612,I've been wanting to change-up the tone a bit on the 12 string.I was wondering if anybody has a Carvin 12 string with a set of modern C22's in the 12 string,or something other than the hot m22's my 12 string came with.I'd love to hear the options.
Dolebludger
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:08 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an 81 DC120 Carvin 12 string. As an option to a pup change, I find that turning the guitar volume down a bit and perhaps the tone as well takes some of the "heat" out of the M22s.
1stringsix
machining,music

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:32 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

Dole,thanks for responding.Generally I have the volume at 8 ish,the tone usually around 6 ish,and the amp clean,sometimes through eq's etc...I just purchased a dc127,it has c22's in it,and I've really become a fan of the c22's,which is why I was considering a switch in the 12 string.The lows really seem to be much more defined with the c22's,and the highs not so icy.Even with a drop tuning on the 12 string the original m22's,now,seem a little ice pick-ish compared to the c22's.I may just make the switch...thanks for responding Dole...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic