KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

End of the M22 View next topic
View previous topic
alnico5
Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:03 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

It looks like the M series pickups are going to be DC'ed. I just ordered an M22V, my favorite all time pickup, in black/cream. I have three M22SDs hanging around. The M22V is likely my last purchase from Carvin, now Kiesel.

http://www.kieselguitarsbbs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49653

Curator: Carvin Museum of NY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

All of the 22 pole p/ups will be gone when they run out of parts.
I will try the new p/ups when they eventually come to life, but I did order a "just in case" set : 2xM22Ts, a C22J, and a C22N with rings ($233). When I ordered they said they have parts for a while, but they don't have the p/ups in stock and it takes a week (or so) to build them.

(Any photobucket links are probably now broken. Grrrrrr!!!)
tbonesullivan
New and Improved

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:51 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

what a waste. years of development down the tubes.

JK needs to realize that people are going to swap pickups no matter what you put in guitars, and that there are just as many people who will simply take whatever is stock in the guitar and keep it. They made the Kiesel pickups stock on a lot of guitars, so of course they are going to see more orders for those, and less for the 22 pole piece pickups.

Ahh, the old days are gone. I guess I kinda like companies like Fender and Gibson for that: As long as they are around, you can get a Strat, Tele, Les Paul, SG, etc.

With Kiesel? Who knows if you'll be able to get the same thing in a few years, as JK wants to get rid of everything that wasn't developed when he was the loudmouth face of Kiesel.

Effects: Boss OD-20, Carvin XP4, AC120, ODB-3, ISP Dec.
WAnzik
Member of the Family

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:57 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

tbonesullivan wrote:
what a waste. years of development down the tubes.

JK needs to realize that people are going to swap pickups no matter what you put in guitars, and that there are just as many people who will simply take whatever is stock in the guitar and keep it. They made the Kiesel pickups stock on a lot of guitars, so of course they are going to see more orders for those, and less for the 22 pole piece pickups.

Ahh, the old days are gone. I guess I kinda like companies like Fender and Gibson for that: As long as they are around, you can get a Strat, Tele, Les Paul, SG, etc.

With Kiesel? Who knows if you'll be able to get the same thing in a few years, as JK wants to get rid of everything that wasn't developed when he was the loudmouth face of Kiesel.

Sad but true.

Regular Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:57 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

I just got in an M22V to put back with my M22N, and 3 M22SDs. I mistakenly ordered it without a bezel since I have an old 4 screw bezel on hand. I then discovered they drill out the mounting holes for wood screw direct mount if the PU is ordered without a bezel. Thank goodness there are still 3 holes threaded for bezel mount on the PU.

I think JK is targeting the "Djent/eye candy" crowd now, and that is certainly his choice. I will continue to play my 1986 DC125 and 1984 LB40.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic