KieselGuitars.com     FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in  

X100B Circuit Board Unknown View next topic
View previous topic
AZJoe71

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:00 pm   Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm working on a X100B it appears to be a 1986 and the main PCB is stamped X100 - 4B. I don't see a schematic on here that matches it. This one has 10uF cathode cap on V1 and on other schematics I see a .22uF cap. also, on the cap someone soldered a 1k resistor on one (+) leg then to the PCB. Also, when this thing is dimed out it squeals like a raped ape, I need to fix this . I have worked on these before and notice people like to bastardize these amps. I mean if you want a JCM 800 buy a JCM 800. I'm of the old school logic ofif it ain't broke don't fix it.
X100BNut
Too Much Free Time

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:00 am   Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah. Understand that Carvin used to bastardize the X100Bs before they left the factory. The hand-wired "Hot Rod Mod 1B" on the early fuzzies is pretty grotesque.

Understand that they changed schematics, PC boards, chassis, etc. multiple times, and they'd use up existing stock parts, resulting in hybrid output for a few of the changes. Anyway, you can find schematics here under "Technical Documents", and there are more at https://carvinaudio.com/pages/guitar-amp-schematics (archive them!).

There's a date in there somewhere (on the chassis or PCB, but its only a clue.

And yes, Hot Rod Mod 1B sucks. I simulated it, and any low-end through it is a bad idea. The old lead channel wasn't all that either. Especially with 6L6s (re-bias if you are changing from EL34), the clean channel is a great pedal whore though, and the clean clean is wonderful.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic